Monday, September 3, 2018

Wachipauka Pond and Mt. Mist

Our hike today took us on a leisurely walk down the Trail, winding through the forest and up and down gentle hills. We passed Wachipauka Pond and went up and down Mt. Mist. It was a relatively easy day, but now that we're in lower elevations, the heat is slowing Forest down. It's been in the low 80s, so we've been taking frequent drink breaks. The temperatures are supposed to drop significantly later in the week, so we'll be able to move faster and farther then.


Our goal for the day was just past Mt. Cube and Hexacuba Shelter, which would be 15 miles. I'm not sure if we'll make it that far because of the heat. Forest will be calling the shots.


I forgot to recharge my phone last night, so I have to save what is left for Guthooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...