Sunday, September 2, 2018

Leaving Hikers Welcome Hostel, Glencliff, NH

After I got up this morning and had breakfast, I began to work on a way to fasten the hip belt back onto my pack, since it still has to get me to Hanover, NH, about 44 miles away. I was able to fix it for now using a piece of metal I filed smooth. It's probably hard to tell from these photos, but in the top two pictures, you can see the pack, the part that broke and the hip belt (all lying on blue carpet). The bottom picture shows the piece of metal that I used to reattach it.



After making a dinner run, I was ready to pay my bill at the hostel and head back down the Trail. Hikers Welcome Hostel was a good place to stay, but they only had bunkhouse and camping options. We stayed in the bunkhouse. As usual, I didn't sleep well in a room full of strangers, but I was glad to have a bed instead of having to sleep on the ground.

I plan to just hike 1.7 miles around Wyatt Hill tonight. Tomorrow, we'll get an early start and hopefully knock out 10-15 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...