Sunday, September 9, 2018

West Hartford and Joe Ranger Road

Today, we passed the Happy Hill Shelter and hiked through a valley and over several unnamed hills. We crossed Podunk Brook and Podunk Road twice, various other small roads, and I-89, after which we entered West Hartford. We hiked through the small town to the Patriots Bridge over the White River. Shortly after that, we crossed wooden planks over a wetlands area. From that point on, we walked up and down a series of 5 or 6 small wooded hills ranging in elevation from about 1,100 to 1,400 feet. Tonight, we are stealth camping along Joe Ranger Road (Mile Marker 455.5) near Dimick Brook, where we collected water.

Forest Heard Something in the Woods

It's been slow going since we left New Hampshire because I developed blisters on the bottom of my foot. I've bandaged it and have been babying it to give it a chance to heal. My wife will be sending new socks, which should help, too. I just have to be careful to avoid infection.


I also wasn't able to repair my trekking pole, so I'm using one stick and one pole. It's working, at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...