Sunday, August 19, 2018

Some Thoughts Looking Back on the Descent Down Wildcat Mountain

Some of you may not know that I grew up in the mountains. Hiking, fishing, anything to do with nature has run in my blood since birth. There's not much outdoors that scares me except maybe trees falling in the dead of night and lightning, and I look at each new situation on the Trail as just another challenge to figure out and tackle.

People warned me not to go down Wildcat Mountain with Forest. Then, when they figured out that he and I have been connected the entire way and we were going to go down Wildcat connected they told me one or both of was going to die. They said to go down the ski lift. So, we hiked down.  Connected the entire way. I actually fell once—while standing still on wet rock and taking a drink of water. A simple slip; it had nothing at all to do with Forest. It didn't hurt that much, and I got up, and we hiked on. Just another day in the woods.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...