Sunday, August 26, 2018

Mt. Garfield

Our ridgewalk today took us over Mt. Guyot and South Twin Mountain. We passed the AMC's Galehead Hut and hiked up and down several minor, unnamed peaks until we passed the Garfield Ridge Campsite/Shelter, where we were able to collect water. I decided to stop for the day just past the 4,500-foot, rocky summit of Mt. Garfield (Mile Marker 363.2). Ten more miles to go tomorrow before we reach Franconia Notch and the shuttle to my next resupply package.


I'm seriously missing my family tonight and feeling so frustrated by the slow pace we've had through the Whites. I know that everyone says your average mileage for the rest of the Trail will be cut in half here because of the number and magnitude of the peaks and rocks, but facing that hasn't been easy. I can't wait to break free of New Hampshire and start making miles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...