Monday, August 27, 2018

Franconia Notch and North Woodstock

It's funny how the thought of a resupply package can motivate me to move faster. We hiked the 10 miles to Franconia Notch in 7 hours today. Our route took us down through woods, along Garfield Ridge and up to the next peak above treeline, Mt. Lafayette (5,260 feet). From there, we followed the Trail along Franconia Ridge, across Mt. Lincoln (5,089 feet) and Little Haystack Mountain (4,840 feet), and past Mt. Liberty (4,460 feet).



We arrived at the Franconia Notch Trailhead and Flume Gorge Visitor Center at about 4:30. The shuttle into North Woodstock wasn't coming until 6:45, so I got a Coke from the vending machine and plugged in my battery pack. I was too late to reserve a room at the hostel, but they also have tents available, so we'll be staying there overnight. Mainly, I want food and a shower and recharged batteries...not necessarily in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...