Saturday, April 28, 2018

Stan Murray Shelter

Last night I was able to grab a secluded, private campsite, but I still had trouble falling asleep before midnight. I got a fair amount of sleep, though. Packing up is much easier on a sunny morning, so we hit the Trail again at about 9:30 a.m.

Because it was such a gorgeous day, we took a quick break at Little Rock Knob to take some photos. More breathtaking views. Only 8 miles to Carvers Gap.






We hiked a total of 13 miles today to Stan Murray Shelter (mile marker 381). Tomorrow night I expect to pick up my resupply package and stay at Mountain Harbor Hostel so that I can recharge my phone and battery pack.

2 comments:

  1. awesome scenery, nice photography, great adventure, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...