Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Finally...Back on the Trail!

I had quite a wait for the UPS guy today. Here are a few photos that capture some of my thoughts through the afternoon.

I think I have another 200 miles in these shoes! 
Lost my big Titanium spoon somewhere
Improvised!
 Forest's food finally arrived at about 5 p.m., thanks to our rural location (so much for paying $50 for express delivery). I distributed it between my pack and Forest's and weighed both packs. 42 pounds for my pack, and 6 for his. We only have 4.2 miles to go, so we're back on the Trail at about 5:15 p.m.!




Of course, just as we set out it began to pour again, but that didn't stop us. We arrived at Curley Maple Gap Shelter at a little after 7 p.m. Just enough time before dark to set up camp and get settled in. Thanks for bearing with us through all of the crazy delays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...