Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Curley Maple Gap Shelter to Cherry Gap Shelter

After we got to Curley Maple Gap Shelter I decided that we should sleep in the shelter instead of pitching the tent in the rain. I had much less work to do both last night and this morning as a result. There were only a few people in the shelter. Forest didn't make a sound to bother anyone, and I slept better than I had been.

We got back on the Trail at about 9 a.m. It was cloudy and rainy when we set out, but little by little the trees began to sprout blue sky. Sorry some of the photos are a little blurry; they were captured from a video chat with my wife. I took her along for a little virtual hike today. 👩😘



I didn't think we would arrive at Cherry Gap Shelter (mile marker 360.9) until about 6:30 p.m., but because the weather cleared a little we made better time and completed the 13 miles by 4:00 p.m. It felt great to be on the move again. Because I arrived so early, I had plenty of time to collect water, pitch my tent, prepare our dinner and relax a little before turning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...