Saturday, July 21, 2018

Bald Mountain Pond

We were dropped off back at the ME 15 Trailhead (farthest right "P" on the map provided below) at about 10 a.m. today (July 20) to resume our hike south. Today and tomorrow should be relatively easy 15-mile days. After that it gets very real for about 200 miles. We will only go about 8 to 10 miles per day from that point on. I picked up two 25-foot sections of climbing rope and sent home about four pounds of things that were not mission essentials for this section.

We stopped for the night by the northeast tributary of Bald Mountain Pond (about SOBO Mile Marker 130.4; green star on the following map), about half-way between the Bald Mt. Rd. Trailhead and the Moxie Bald Lean-to. Today's hike totaled about 15 miles. On the way, we forded the Piscataquis River (second "P" from the right), passed the Horseshoe Canyon Lean-to and passed Bald Mountain Rd. (farthest left "P").


My phone storage is full at this point, so I won't have any photos to post until I get a downloadable memory stick from home (it's been ordered; it just needs to be mailed in a resupply box after it arrives at home on Sunday). That way, I'll be able to dump old photos and videos directly from my iPhone 7 and be able to take and post new photos and videos at the same time. Cross your fingers that it works! Until then, I apologize if my posts seem a bit boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...