Thursday, July 19, 2018

Another Night at the Lodge

Planning the next section through the Bigelows and other mountains in Western Maine and the White Mountains in New Hampshire has proven very complex, so I've zeroed for an additional day at the Lodge. I believe I've finally come up with a eight-section plan that will work. It's a delicate dance that will require carefully orchestrated mail drops, hostel stays and shuttles because I can't afford the AMC Hut system fees. My wife is working to confirm each step of the way (e.g., making sure they offer shuttles to the trailheads where I plan to stop, confirming they will welcome Forest). In doing so, she's also identified some veterans along the way who have offered to accommodate me and Forest when it comes to lodging and anything else they can provide. New Englanders really do have a heart of gold. Hopefully, we will be back on the move in the morning, as we only have two sunny days before what is looking like a week of rain and possible thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...