Thursday, August 30, 2018

Near Mt. Wolf

Because of the thunderstorm last night, we had to stop short of the Kinsmans. On top of that, it rained through the night and into the morning, so we got a late start today. We were able to cross the Kinsmans this afternoon and passed the Eliza Brook Campsite/Shelter. About 3 miles past there, we had to stop and set up camp (approximate Mile Marker 385). We were near Mt. Wolf (elevation 3,500 feet), and it was just too cold to continue. The temperatures had dropped into the upper 40s, with a wind chill probably in the low 40s. Everything was wet, so we couldn't build a fire. I could see my breath. I took my fingers out of my bag just long enough to text my wife to send my thermal pants, down booties and gloves with the next resupply box she mails. 💨 ⛈ ☔

Here's the weather report for the next shelter we will pass.


Hopefully, we'll get through Mt. Moosilauke while it's sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...