Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Repacking and Prep

Last night I used the hammock frame at Woodchuck Hostel. I fell asleep early and woke up at 6 a.m. feeling rested. I'm so glad I made the switch back to the hammock. I wasn't able to hang Forest's hammock under mine because the frame only had one set of hooks. Forest slept on his pad on the ground under me,  He definitely prefers the hammock to sleeping on the ground in the tent, too. I'll need trees to hang both of us properly. It's probably difficult to visualize, but I'll be sure to post pictures from the Trail.


Today was dedicated to sorting, changing out and repairing gear and prepping for the next section of the Trail. After today, nothing will be on the ground. I'm not sure how well you can tell from these photos, but I use my trekking poles attached to my tarp to form what we call a front porch. This gives us a little shelter from the weather when we're in the hammock.




I sent most of my warmest clothing home with my wife yesterday. Because Forest is sleeping on the ground, I felt bad and put him in my sleeping bag. As a result, it feels a little chilly tonight, so I think I'm going to pick up a fleece blanket at the dollar store before I set out in the morning. I shouldn't need it for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...