Thursday, May 17, 2018

Hotel Night

It's been stormy and wet for days, so I'm headed for a hotel just off the Trail in Rural Retreat, VA. It's definitely not a superior hotel, but it has laundry facilities and WiFi. I've stayed there before, and I remember that the food in the restaurant was good. I'm really looking forward to eating both dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow there. I haven't been as diligent about eating lately as I should be, so I'm feeling a bit malnourished and dehydrated and really looking forward to a good meal that doesn't involve dehydrated or packaged food.

The hotel allows service dogs as long as they have some legitimate form of identification, so I won't face the kind of challenge I've had lately in that regard. I realized that Forest hasn't been off his leash at all since my family visited, so I'm looking forward to giving him the run of the room to play and just be a dog for a night. That always makes both of us happy.


We will stay at the hotel tonight and then head out tomorrow to pick up my next resupply package.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...