Sunday, March 18, 2018

Resupply and a Shout Out to Bill Davis and Tropical Foods

For every thru-hiker, resupply takes tremendous effort. In my case, my wife not only packs and ships everything Forest and I need every six days or so to the next town, but also weighs all of it to be absolutely sure that I am not exceeding what I determined to be my maximum weight. The logistics can be mind-boggling...and very expensive. I am so blessed to have people donating supplies and funds so that this doesn't become overwhelming or break the bank.

For example, just yesterday, one of these supply angels, Bill Davis, Jr., donated the following items from Tropical Foods:

Plantains
Mexican Party Mix

Organic Trail Mix with Chocolate
Dry Roasted and Shelled Pistachios




And this was his SECOND donation! Bill, I can't thank you enough for your generosity. You ROCK, man!

3 comments:

  1. So cool Forest Fisher! Good to have great folks like Bill and Bear behind you. Keep on Truckin'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s for sure! And folks like you following my journey!

      Delete
  2. Randum acts of kindness like this restore my faith in humanity! Good on you Bill Davis!!!

    ReplyDelete

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...