Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Arrived Amicalola State Park 9:24 pm! The SPOT Gen3 technology that a good friend lent me is amazing. My family and close friends receive GPS coordinates and an “I’m OK” message at prearranged times or at the touch of a button. Clicking a link pulls up a map location that can be converted to a satellite image, allowing them to zoom in to my actual location. I can also transmit an emergency signal if I need help. One more day with my wife and son before I hit the trail Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. This is Outstanding Forest! Wish I could join you tomorrow to see you off. Please post if possible at the time of your departure. We are all so pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete

How It All Began

In August 2017 Canines for Service Inc. in Wilmington, NC, provided Service Dog Forest to me (U.S. Army Veteran "Fisher"). It was ...